Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sneek Peek: JALPAK Prep 2013

I'm still going through all the photos David and I took over the Hula Ho'olauna weekend but wanted to share a handful of pics from our prep day.   We used my trusted hair and make-up artist, Melanie Samiano again.  It's always nice to not worry about the quality of the work.  I showed Melanie a photo of the hairdo I wanted and on her first try, she got it down.  Melanie brought along her friend Arlene, who did the make-up.  We all loved Arlene -- I showed Arlene the dresses and within seconds she picked out the perfect blend of eyeshadows.  The ladies looked so beautiful!

Photos taken in Waikiki, O'ahu, Hawai'i.  

All photos except the HDR and group photos were taken with our Sony SLT A35, Sony DT 50 mm f/1.8 Mid-Range Prime Lens.  The HDR and group photos were taken with our Sony NEX-5R.


 Melanie

 Tools of The Trade

Still haven't mastered my prime lens.   I was trying to get the words "True Red" on the lip liner in focus but that didn't happen. 



Arlene




 Hairdo



 Make-Up



 More Make-Up



More Tools of The Trade




 Dress

My poor attempt at mimicking a wedding photographer's photo of a bridal gown.  



 Make-Up and Hair Session in HDR




Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment